- MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- ENERGY/UTILITY ASSISTANCE
- FOOD PANTRIES
- FOOD STAMPS
- RENT ASSISTANCE
- MEDICATION NEEDS
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE
NE211.org is a comprehensive web site operated by the United Way of the Midlands. Use it for:
- Financial Counseling
- Medicaid/Primary Health Care–402-595-3400
- Charles Drew Health Center (Medical/Dental) see their web site, sliding fee schedule
- Creighton Dental Clinics (low cost dental care)
- One World Community Health Center (Primary medical, dental, behavioral, pharmacy) South Omaha, visit their web site for more information.
(Low priced/sliding fee scale or free)
- Samaritan Counseling Center–402-891-8300
- Discovery Center–402-330-0560
Dr. James Connelly offers counseling services through Christ Community Church. He is willing to meet with anyone that needs to talk about anything that might be troubling you. Please fill out this CONTACT Form to request a session with Dr. Connelly.
Back to Topwhat
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services–402-595-3400
- Heartland Hope Mission 5218 S 21st St–402-733-2077
- Open Door Mission 2828 N 23rd St E–402-422-1111/402-829-1510*
- Christ Community Church 404 S 108th Ave–402-330-3360
- Together Inc.-1616 Cass St–402-345-8047*
- Salvation Army-3612 Cuming St–402-898-5900*
- Holy Family Church 1715 Izard St–402-345-6561*
- United Way of the Midlands– dial “211″
- Food Bank for the Heartland 402-331-1213
*Offers other assistance-check with agency-some offer clothing, rent, utility and other assistance.
COUPONS: One of our members saved $28 on a recent shopping trip by using this service. CouponMom Also try MissCouponDiva.com, theKrazyCouponLady.com (the last two are the TLC reality show hosts showing people how to use coupons to buy food with very little money or for FREE).
You maybe able to receive up to 75% off on medications
Needymeds Medications (in most cases this link will take you to the drug manufacturer directly and then if they have a program it will walk you through the application process)
If you are in need of medications and you can’t afford it ask your doctor for samples-if they don’t have the exact medication you take then they should be able to get a substitute that works.Back to Top